Saturday, September 22, 2018

DIY video game inspired room decor

10 DIY video game inspired decor ideas, video game room decor

One of the nice things about being an adult is getting to pay bills decorating your home in your style. Years ago I was boring. I kept things the way I thought an adult's home should look like. and it was nice - but it wasn't me. So slowly I started sneaking in items here and there that were "my thing."

Stuff like this:


And this:


My husband never said a word. My mother would point and ask why. My daughter would tell me it was embarrassing. Now if you can decorate your house AND embarrass your teenager at the same time - you have hit gold.

But while perusing the internet I found so many interesting video game decor items, that I decided to share a few of them here.



10 DIY Video Game Inspired Decor Items


1. Super Mario Piranha Lamp from nylanan at Instructables

Super Mario piranha plant lamp, DIY video game decor ideas


2. Fallout Vault-Tec lunchbox by Crafty McFangirl
Fallout Vault-Tec lunchbox, DIY video game decor ideas

3. Zelda health heart corkboard by Mortem3r

Legend of Zelda heath heart corkboard, DIY video game decor ideas


4. Tetris shelves from Our Nerd Home

Tetris shelves, DIY video game decor ideas


5. Plants vs Zombies crocheted Pea Shooter by Kate Wilson at Ravelry 

Plants vs zombies crocheted pea shooter, DIY video game decor ideas


6. Portal mirrors created by Matt Shaefer

Portal mirrors, DIY video game decor ideas


7. Halo light-up sign from Melissa at Sincerely Saturday

Halo light-up sign, DIY video game decor ideas


8. Game Controller Wall Art from Kaysi at Keeping it Simple

Game controller wall art, Xbox, Nintendo, DIY video game decor ideas


9. Space Invaders Wall Art by iHasCupquake

Space Invaders wall art, pixel wall art, DIY video game decor ideas


10. Assassin's Creed Book Box by Ideias Personalizas - DIY

Assassin's Creed book box, DIY video game decor ideas

There you go! 10 great projects to get you started on your geeky decor!

DIY video game decor ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment